How To Hire Homecare Services ?
When elders need help to remain at home, where do you start?
Home Health Agency
A brief introductory phone call to Home Care Partners‘ office: (781) 378 2164 will get you started. We will listen to your unique story, gather some pertinent information, and tell you about our private-duty home care services. Maybe we can help. And/or, we may provide you some recommendations to investigate additional resources. Perhaps there may be veteran benefits available to you or family.
You are always encouraged to ask any/all questions to guide decision-making:
- Does the agency provide 24-seven, live-in care staff? Our staff will live in your home (spare bedroom) and is available whenever your needs require assistance. This enables care staff to understand the rhythm of your home, and minimize multiple staff coming/going every day. We invoice this service on a “daily rate”, which is significantly less than 24 hours multiplied by an hourly rate. When you need help, our staff is there. This is a very efficient way to pay for homecare (providing hundreds of dollars per day in comparable savings).
- Does the agency utilize multiple staff? We try to keep staff-client relationships consistent and stable. Not a revolving door of new care staff every other day/week.
- Does the agency provide medical/nursing services. We at Home Care Partners do not. We employ non-medical care staff, who will assist in meal preparation, bathing/toileting along with any other needs. If nursing level care is needed, we will provide through a local partner agency.
- Does the agency conduct background checks on their care staff? Home Care Partners conducts two levels of screening. We run an online search on all candidates. And in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, we submit a criminal background check (referred to as CORI) specific to the Commonwealth. This information will tell us whether any candidates have appeared in court on a violation, and the court determination at that time.
- Does the agency have sufficient staff resources? When a care staff has a scheduling conflict, or illness, does the agency have resources available to provide substitution for a given day, or period of time? We strive to build our roster based on localized staff. So we hope to have local employee resources available for our clients.
Most of the time, information is available with a brief phone call. Give us a call: 781 378 2164.
You will also find us in: 1) the local phone directory; 2) via our newspaper advertising; 3) or simply pick-up our corporate brochures at various Council on Aging offices.
- Elders and Quality of Life - January 11, 2021
- Communication Methods with Elderly - January 4, 2021
- Elderly Emotional and Physical Health - December 31, 2020
- Elders…are Experienced at Life - December 28, 2020
- Elderly Parents and Memory Loss - December 22, 2020
- Managing Elderly Medication Schedules - December 21, 2020
- Be Informed on Elderly Medications & Schedules - December 21, 2020
- How to Apply for VA Aid & Attendance? - December 8, 2020
- Aid and Attendance and VA Disability Compensation - December 1, 2020
- VA Aid & Attendance Monetary Benefits - November 23, 2020
John D. Miller is the founder/owner of Home Care Partners, LLC, a Massachusetts business providing private duty, personalized in-home assistance and companion care services to those needing help in daily activities and household functions.
Phone: (781) 378-2164