Seniorities: Review of Senior Center Project and “Age-Friendly” Certification
Co-host, “Seniorities”, a bi-monthly cable TV program discussing/highlighting issues of importance to our aging population. As Chairman of the Board, Scituate Council on Aging, I co-host with Linda Hayes, Executive Director of the Council on Aging.
Our program this week centered on a review/update on planning activities and design development for a proposed new Scituate Senior Center.
Secondly, Scituate has become a certified “age-friendly” community by the World Health Organization. There are 6-8 domains of focus for the community, including housing, transportation, civic involvement, social opportunities of inclusion, and infrastructure development for all ages and disabilities.
Click on link below as we discuss the Senior Center building project located on the town’s central campus. And efforts to introduce “age-friendly” engagement to town residents.
Call the Senior Center @ 781 545-8722 for more details and information. Or visit the website: https://www.scituatema.gov/council-on-aging
And “like us” on Facebook for more details and upcoming senior issues.
- Smart Technology for Senior Safety - March 20, 2019
- Diagnosis of Dementia ? - March 11, 2019
- Aging and Socialization - March 5, 2019
- Human Connection and Socialization Important for Seniors - February 26, 2019
- Seniorities and Senior Housing, with Kathy DeMarsh - February 11, 2019
- Create a Plan to Age in Place - February 18, 2019
- Senior Isolation in Winter Effects Health - February 5, 2019
- Winter Brings Isolation for Elderly - January 29, 2019
- High Costs Push Elderly Home - January 21, 2019
- Seniorities — Scituate Police Chief Stewart - January 14, 2019
John D. Miller is the founder/owner of Home Care Partners, LLC, a Massachusetts business providing private duty, personalized in-home assistance and companion care services to those needing help in daily activities and household functions.
Phone: (781) 378-2164