Seniorities: Review of Senior Center Project and “Age-Friendly” Certification
Co-host, “Seniorities”, a bi-monthly cable TV program discussing/highlighting issues of importance to our aging population. As Chairman of the Board, Scituate Council on Aging, I co-host with Linda Hayes, Executive Director of the Council on Aging.
Our program this week centered on a review/update on planning activities and design development for a proposed new Scituate Senior Center.
Secondly, Scituate has become a certified “age-friendly” community by the World Health Organization. There are 6-8 domains of focus for the community, including housing, transportation, civic involvement, social opportunities of inclusion, and infrastructure development for all ages and disabilities.
Click on link below as we discuss the Senior Center building project located on the town’s central campus. And efforts to introduce “age-friendly” engagement to town residents.
Call the Senior Center @ 781 545-8722 for more details and information. Or visit the website: https://www.scituatema.gov/council-on-aging
And “like us” on Facebook for more details and upcoming senior issues.
- Seniorities and Etrusco Associates – medical equipment exchange - November 12, 2018
- Seniors Can Prepare to Age at Home - November 6, 2018
- Fraud Advisory Issued from Social Security - November 1, 2018
- Seniorities: Review of Senior Center Project and “Age-Friendly” Certification - October 29, 2018
- Social Security and Medicare - October 22, 2018
- Cost of Living Benefits to Increase in 2019 - October 15, 2018
- Seniorities and guest, Emmett Schmarsow from MA Elder Affairs - October 8, 2018
- Vaccines and Seniors - October 2, 2018
- Seniorities — Scituate Education Foundation - September 24, 2018
- Signs that Elderly Parents Need Help - September 17, 2018
John D. Miller is the founder/owner of Home Care Partners, LLC, a Massachusetts business providing private duty, personalized in-home assistance and companion care services to those needing help in daily activities and household functions.
Phone: (781) 378-2164