Staying “Covid – Connected”
My wife just went to see her doctor. They discussed current health, reviewed personal health history, looked over recent x-rays, and talked about lifestyle and dietary changes. (Aside: drink more water!) To accomplish all this, she never left the house. The physician meeting was entirely online, at a scheduled hour of appointment, via Zoom. No waiting rooms. No fighting traffic to arrive and return home.
Home care, and medical teams, are expanding their online communications for time efficiency, and to help minimize risk of Covid exposure. Remote appointments are increasingly convenient options. Physicians can review and assess patient conditions over phone or video.
Do your elderly parents have the option to meet with healthcare providers from the comfort and safety of their home? If they can avoid travel, and sitting in an exam room for questions that do not require hands-on care, virtual care makes alot of sense. Think about utilizing phone meetings, text communications, or private video chat.
Virtual care options are especially helpful if they are provided by an elder’s current primary care doctor, who already knows them well. Prescription refills, recurring medical issues, and even minor concerns can be communicated quickly and without hassle.
There may be multiple platforms for enhanced communications – smartphones, tablet, laptops, or desktop computer. For those with troubled eyesight, consider setting up a tablet, laptop or desktop communication so the visuals are larger and the controls easier to manage.
As an in-home caregiver, it is very beneficial to establish this communication medium for you and your elderly clients. At home elders can and will “learn new tricks”, and will find enjoyment connecting with their friends and family.
- Bathing Tips for Your Elderly Parents - September 21, 2020
- How to Compare Medicare Advantage Plans? - September 14, 2020
- Types of Medicare Advantage Plans - September 10, 2020
- Enrollment and Eligibility for Medicare Advantage in Massachusetts - August 31, 2020
- Defining Medicare Advantage (Part C) - August 24, 2020
- Glaucoma Awareness - August 11, 2020
- 5 Steps to Disinfecting Surfaces - August 4, 2020
- Covid Precautions and Protections - July 27, 2020
- Is it Safe to Visit Elders at Home? - July 21, 2020
- Cold Versus Flu - July 15, 2020
John D. Miller is the founder/owner of Home Care Partners, LLC, a Massachusetts business providing private duty, personalized in-home assistance and companion care services to those needing help in daily activities and household functions.
Phone: (781) 378-2164