Juggle Career, Family, and…Care for Aging Parents?
When the unexpected happens, it can cause just about anyone to email work (or your boss) and ask for the day off. Parents face this far too often when an elderly parent becomes ill, or a child can’t go to school. These unexpected events may seem minor if they only occur once or twice a year. But, when a person steps in to be the primary caregiver for an aging parent, they are taking on significant job “responsibilities”.
When your elderly parent is suddenly hospitalized, the stakes can change. Much more of your time and attention is diverted to their care management. When will they be discharged? How will they get home? Who will take care of them at home?
Getting involved means tapping in to vacation, accrued time-off, or even taking a leave of absence from work. This situation impacts the aging senior and the primary family caregiver. It also has repercussions throughout the extended family, your network of resources (neighbors), and your career.
Many family caregivers simply don’t realize two important things: the impact this will have on your relationships and health, as well as the effect it can have on job or career. If you can’t go to work, your income may change. And your daily life.
Adjustments in work/life are ongoing for all of us. Change is constant. Caring for elderly parents can have a long-term impact on the lives of family and seniors. There is a significant value in professional care agencies. Personal care support, provided through an agency which partners with you in juggling coverage at home, can relieve the stress burden. Families and elderly benefit and appreciate the value of in-home care support services. Home Care Partners provides resources for your aging parents. And for you.
- Seniorities and Home Care Services, with JD Miller - August 19, 2019
- Arthritis and Exercise for Seniors - July 22, 2019
- Elder Aging & Life Long Learning - July 8, 2019
- Strength Training Safety Tips for Seniors - July 2, 2019
- Seniors, Strength Training, and Heart Health - June 25, 2019
- Tips to Combat Elder Scams - June 18, 2019
- Elders Targeted on Frauds/Scams - June 11, 2019
- Plan to Regularly See Your Doctor - May 20, 2019
- Smart Technology for Senior Safety - March 20, 2019
- Diagnosis of Dementia ? - March 11, 2019
John D. Miller is the founder/owner of Home Care Partners, LLC, a Massachusetts business providing private duty, personalized in-home assistance and companion care services to those needing help in daily activities and household functions.
Phone: (781) 378-2164