High Costs Push Elderly Home
People are aware of the increasing cost of long-term care in the United States. And, these costs (which included numerous types of long-term care) continue to increase. More and more, seniors are evaluating their options.
Currently, the average cost of a private room in a nursing home is $100,375 every year. In Massachusetts, that figure is more likely in the range of $135,000+ per year. For basic adult day care services, costs are projected to be approximately $18,720 per year.
Most people may not require nursing home care for most of their life. However, there may come a time when it seems almost a necessity. At that point, though, who can truly afford this type of long-term care?
This simple question is helping lead more people to home care options. Learning directly about the impact that cost is having on decisions about long-term care can help others understand what they may face, even though they might not think about it at this time.
There are numerous factors that go into the cost of caring for an aging parent, grandparent, or other individual in one’s family. Consider food, housing, transportation, personal care, and socialization. The more people understand about these cost factors, the more likely they will be to seek other, more reasonably affordable options, like home care support services.
- Families, Elders, and Senior Support Services - January 16, 2020
- Elder Technology Benefits: See Your Phone! - January 7, 2020
- Technology Can Boost Senior Health - December 30, 2019
- Sleep Quality: Benefits of a Good Night Sleep - December 24, 2019
- Alzheimer’s: Tips to Relieve Care Burden - December 16, 2019
- Alzheimer’s Disease Recognition - December 10, 2019
- Alzheimer’s, Family Members and Holiday Gifting - December 2, 2019
- Seniorities with Rep. Patrick Kearney - November 15, 2019
- Benefits to a Good Night Sleep - November 12, 2019
- Sensitive Family Planning with Elderly Parents - November 4, 2019
John D. Miller is the founder/owner of Home Care Partners, LLC, a Massachusetts business providing private duty, personalized in-home assistance and companion care services to those needing help in daily activities and household functions.
Phone: (781) 378-2164