Needing Additional Care Services at Home
When to consider home help?
How to decide if now, or the very near future, is the proper time for additional home care assistance? Certainly, the decision making process can be quite difficult if under stress, or due to an emergency situation. For example, your elderly parents are soon to be discharged from hospital, and they are strongly advised to have 24/7 home care coverage before returning home. Or, the assisted living facility requires residents to hire home care services to insure safety and security within their apartment living space.
Arranging home care services for yourself, an elderly parent, grandparent, or family friend may seem like a daunting task…but it can be quite simple!
Many atomic families attempt to absorb the care-giving duties and responsibilities for Mom and Dad. And, we encourage you to do so.
However, there are multiple factors which can prevent family members from directly caring for aging parents. Families may be quite dispersed, with significant gaps in geographical proximity. Distance may make hands-on care-giving impossible. Professional and atomic family obligations may severely limit the available time to help. And relationships may cause a blockage. That is, mother and father may NOT want a daughter (or son) to help them with personal care needs…bathing, showering, and toileting. They may prefer a professional who is trained to provide these services. They DON’T want family members to provide this kind of assistance.
- Elderly Being Discharged From Hospital - May 19, 2020
- Medicare and Medicaid will no longer require a doctor’s prescription for COVID-19 screening - May 14, 2020
- Signs Your Parents May Be Unsafe If Alone - May 13, 2020
- Isolation and Elder Health Risks, pt. 2 - May 4, 2020
- Living Alone Can Be Dangerous for Elderly, pt 1. - April 30, 2020
- Loneliness Can Lead to Depression - April 20, 2020
- How To Hire Homecare Services ? - April 13, 2020
- Elders (65+) and Dental Care, part 2 - April 6, 2020
- Dental Care for Seniors (65+) - March 31, 2020
- Corona Virus, Part 3 - March 24, 2020
John D. Miller is the founder/owner of Home Care Partners, LLC, a Massachusetts business providing private duty, personalized in-home assistance and companion care services to those needing help in daily activities and household functions.
Phone: (781) 378-2164