Corona Virus, Part 1
We are in the midst of constant news updates regarding the corona virus, its health effects, and status on a global scale.
The following information was issued from the Center for Disease Control. Updates will be forthcoming:
Make sure your pneumonia vaccination is up to date. The most lethal consequence of Corona Virus is that it can cause pneumonia.
How COVID-19 Spreads: Current understanding about how the virus that causes coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) spreads is largely based on what is known about similar coronaviruses. COVID-19 is a new disease and there is more to learn about how it spreads, the severity of illness it causes, and to what extent it may spread in the United States.
— The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.
— Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
— Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
It may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes, but this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads.
- Elderly Being Discharged From Hospital - May 19, 2020
- Medicare and Medicaid will no longer require a doctor’s prescription for COVID-19 screening - May 14, 2020
- Signs Your Parents May Be Unsafe If Alone - May 13, 2020
- Isolation and Elder Health Risks, pt. 2 - May 4, 2020
- Living Alone Can Be Dangerous for Elderly, pt 1. - April 30, 2020
- Loneliness Can Lead to Depression - April 20, 2020
- How To Hire Homecare Services ? - April 13, 2020
- Elders (65+) and Dental Care, part 2 - April 6, 2020
- Dental Care for Seniors (65+) - March 31, 2020
- Corona Virus, Part 3 - March 24, 2020
John D. Miller is the founder/owner of Home Care Partners, LLC, a Massachusetts business providing private duty, personalized in-home assistance and companion care services to those needing help in daily activities and household functions.
Phone: (781) 378-2164