Corona Virus, Part 1
We are in the midst of constant news updates regarding the corona virus, its health effects, and status on a global scale.
The following information was issued from the Center for Disease Control. Updates will be forthcoming:
Make sure your pneumonia vaccination is up to date. The most lethal consequence of Corona Virus is that it can cause pneumonia.
How COVID-19 Spreads: Current understanding about how the virus that causes coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) spreads is largely based on what is known about similar coronaviruses. COVID-19 is a new disease and there is more to learn about how it spreads, the severity of illness it causes, and to what extent it may spread in the United States.
— The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.
— Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
— Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
It may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes, but this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads.
- Dental Care for Seniors (65+) - March 31, 2020
- Corona Virus, Part 3 - March 24, 2020
- Corona Virus, Part 2 - March 16, 2020
- Corona Virus, Part 1 - March 9, 2020
- Needing Additional Care Services at Home - March 3, 2020
- Reduce Cholesterol - February 24, 2020
- Winter Brings Difficulties to Elderly - February 17, 2020
- Brain Training for Elderly - February 10, 2020
- Keeping Elders Safe in Winter - February 3, 2020
- Winter Safety Precautions for Seniors - January 28, 2020
John D. Miller is the founder/owner of Home Care Partners, LLC, a Massachusetts business providing private duty, personalized in-home assistance and companion care services to those needing help in daily activities and household functions.
Phone: (781) 378-2164