Tips for Homebound Elderly
Helping your loved one avoid “cabin fever.” For homebound seniors, our current fight against Covid can be a time of extreme boredom. Nothing happens in their day-day living environment. Meals and watching television are the only checkpoints of their daily existence. No visitors, no events, no activities. This boredom and isolation can result in feeling quite depressed. But homecare staff can provide a daily visit. Someone to talk to. Care staff can transport your loved one to his or her usual activities, or simply get them out of the house for a short drive. Companionship is a very positive antidote to loneliness, and can engage in homebound activities such as crafts, reading, writing, organizing, board games, puzzles, and card games.
Eliminating fall hazards. At Home Care Partners, we provide help to our elderly clients in keeping their homes clean, and orderly. Care staff can coordinate and manage functions such clearing home walkways, and removing area rugs. Staff will also help get rid of general clutter. Our caregivers can bring in the mail from the mailbox, the newspaper outside the front door, or the garbage cans at the end of the driveway.
Keeping your loved one safe during power outages. Our care staff can assure your family/parents are safe. We are soon to see summer arrive, and severe weather with wind and heavy rain may follow. Sometimes, property damage and loss of electricity results. Seniors who rely on electrically powered medical equipment, oxygen machines, or mobility devices can be put in life threatening situations without assistance. Home care providers can enable safety, including transportation to a warm facility, home, or designated shelter.
- Causes of Chronic Pain #4 - March 21, 2023
- What Makes Pain Chronic? (part 3) - March 13, 2023
- Chronic Pain, part 2 - March 6, 2023
- Chronic Pain - February 28, 2023
- Elders Preference: Stay Home. Enlist Homecare - February 20, 2023
- Elderly Prefer Living at Home - February 13, 2023
- Colorectal Cancer Screening Saves Lives - February 6, 2023
- Screenings Help Prevent Colon Cancer - January 31, 2023
- If You Suspect a Stroke - January 16, 2023
- How Women Can Reduce Stroke Risk - January 10, 2023
John D. Miller is the founder/owner of Home Care Partners, LLC, a Massachusetts business providing private duty, personalized in-home assistance and companion care services to those needing help in daily activities and household functions.
Phone: (781) 378-2164