Elderly Benefit from Home Care
What is widely viewed as the best and most viable delivery of health care in America? The answer…approximately 90 percent of infirm and elderly individuals have been found to prefer home care over comparable institutional care.
What are some of the benefits to seniors remaining in their own homes?
Home care and living assistance is delivered – as you would expect – at home. You have likely heard the phrase, “there’s no place like home.” Certainly, this is a statement that most people would wholeheartedly agree with. There is nothing like the comfort and familiarity of being cared for in the comfort and familiarity of one’s own home. Seniors value their homes. Like all of us, they also have an ingrained road map with the physical layout of the home…how the hallway leads into the kitchen; the width of the stairway; how to get in and out of certain chairs, or the living room couch.
Also, memories play a role in comforting the elderly. And the home may be the physical location for family memories. Sometimes this timeframe may cover multiple generations.
Home care delivered at home helps keep families together. Compare this to taking an elderly person away from their loved ones. There can be a significant void in the home environment. Family members, and the familiarity of home is most important during times of illness.
- Home Care is Best for Elderly - September 24, 2021
- Elderly Benefit from Home Care - September 13, 2021
- Long Term Care Insurance, part 3 - September 9, 2021
- How to Pay for Cost of Aging? - August 30, 2021
- Considering Long Term Care Insurance? - August 24, 2021
- Summer Heat Safety, Elderly Tips, pt. 5 - August 16, 2021
- Senior Safety and Summer Heat, pt 4 - August 10, 2021
- Heat Exhaustion, Heat Stroke - July 28, 2021
- Defining Heatstroke, pt 2 - July 19, 2021
- Summer and Elderly Heat Stroke - July 12, 2021
John D. Miller is the founder/owner of Home Care Partners, LLC, a Massachusetts business providing private duty, personalized in-home assistance and companion care services to those needing help in daily activities and household functions.
Phone: (781) 378-2164