Elderly Assistance at Home
What is widely viewed as the best and most viable delivery of health care in America? The answer…approximately 90 percent of infirm and elderly individuals have been found to prefer home care over comparable institutional care.
Benefits of Home Care
What are some of the benefits to seniors remaining in their own homes?
Home care and living assistance is delivered – as you would expect – at home. Dorothy, the character in The Wizard of Oz, said it best: “There’s no place like home.” Certainly, this is a statement that most people would wholeheartedly agree with. There is nothing like the comfort and familiarity of being cared for in the comfort and familiarity of one’s own home. Seniors value their homes. Like all of us, they also have an ingrained road map with the physical layout of the home…how the hallway leads into the kitchen; the width of the stairway; how to get in and out of certain chairs, or the living room couch.
Home care helps keep families together. Compare this to taking an elderly person away from their loved ones. There can be a significant void in the home environment. At no time is family more important than during times of illness.
- Causes of Chronic Pain #4 - March 21, 2023
- What Makes Pain Chronic? (part 3) - March 13, 2023
- Chronic Pain, part 2 - March 6, 2023
- Chronic Pain - February 28, 2023
- Elders Preference: Stay Home. Enlist Homecare - February 20, 2023
- Elderly Prefer Living at Home - February 13, 2023
- Colorectal Cancer Screening Saves Lives - February 6, 2023
- Screenings Help Prevent Colon Cancer - January 31, 2023
- If You Suspect a Stroke - January 16, 2023
- How Women Can Reduce Stroke Risk - January 10, 2023
John D. Miller is the founder/owner of Home Care Partners, LLC, a Massachusetts business providing private duty, personalized in-home assistance and companion care services to those needing help in daily activities and household functions.
Phone: (781) 378-2164