Prevention and Awareness of Covid Scams
As we begin vaccinations, you can be sure that scammers will be coming up with creative ways to separate elderly from their money.
Please keep the following in mind:
— You likely will not need to pay anything out of pocket to get the vaccine during this public health emergency.
— You can’t pay to put your name on a list to get the vaccine.
— You can’t pay to get early access to the vaccine.
— No one from a vaccine distribution site or health care payer, like a private insurance company, will call you asking for your Social Security number or your credit card or bank account information to sign you up to get the vaccine.
— Beware of providers offering other products, treatments, or medicines to prevent the virus. Check with your health care provider before paying for or receiving any COVID-19-related treatment.
If you get a call, text, email — or even someone knocking on your door — claiming they can get you early access to the vaccine, STOP. That’s a scam. Don’t pay for a promise of vaccine access or share personal information.
If approached with a scam pitch, please report it to the FTC at ReportFraud.ftc.gov. Or, file a complaint with the Massachusetts Attorney General.
- Elder Exercise Can Encompass All Muscle Groups - March 1, 2021
- Find Exercise That Is Enjoyable - February 22, 2021
- Prevention and Awareness of Covid Scams - February 15, 2021
- Monthly Pension for Veterans – Tax Free - February 8, 2021
- Covid-19, Elderly, and Treatment of Side Effects - February 1, 2021
- Covid-19 Vaccine and Elderly Side Effects - January 28, 2021
- Preventing Elders From Falling - January 25, 2021
- Elderly Understand Their Limitations - January 18, 2021
- Elders and Quality of Life - January 11, 2021
- Communication Methods with Elderly - January 4, 2021
John D. Miller is the founder/owner of Home Care Partners, LLC, a Massachusetts business providing private duty, personalized in-home assistance and companion care services to those needing help in daily activities and household functions.
Phone: (781) 378-2164