Elders Prefer Services at Home
It is easy to understand why seniors, and our elderly parents, prefer homecare services. The benefits also extend to family members, who may be trying to provide time and resources while juggling atomic family responsibilities.
— Homecare is delivered by a special group of people. Caring staff members don’t work in the home care industry for the money. Our staff understands the value they bring to the elderly. They enjoy this kind of work because it results in the emotional satisfaction of helping others, and for making a difference in the life of another. There is an unmeasurable value in helping those in need.
— Homecare extends life. Yesterday I received a phone call from a former client. Her pill box had not been filled, so she was unable to calculate what medications she should take. Compounding matters, her eyesight is so bad, she is unable to read the prescription bottles. Is she safe living alone? Seniors living alone, almost in isolation, are prone to bad habits. Meals may not be prepared properly; medications may be skipped or forgotten.
Visits by homecare personnel provide a personal connection, possible medical support, and some general help around the house.
- Flu Season: It’s Coming… - September 18, 2023
- Trends in Health Care - September 11, 2023
- Importance of Prostate Screening for Men - September 5, 2023
- Prostate Cancer: Number 1 for Men - August 29, 2023
- Elder Risks of Heat Stroke - August 24, 2023
- Medical Emergency: Heat Stroke - August 15, 2023
- Senior Hydration, Nutrition, part 5 - August 9, 2023
- Senior Hydration, Nutrition: part 4 - August 1, 2023
- Senior Hydration: Tips for Elderly, part 3 - July 25, 2023
- Nutrition and Hydration, part 2 - July 17, 2023
John D. Miller is the founder/owner of Home Care Partners, LLC, a Massachusetts business providing private duty, personalized in-home assistance and companion care services to those needing help in daily activities and household functions.
Phone: (781) 378-2164
Email: [email protected]