HomeCare … Best Delivered at Home: part 2
Home provides comfort and security. As aging progresses, more and more services are being delivered at home. Groceries, transportation, and medical appointments are all services who increasingly cater to consumers being in their home.
Homecare maintains living in familiar surroundings, both inside the home and in the community or neighborhood. This is extremely positive for seniors. For most, the quality of their life is far better at home than anywhere else.
Homecare is less expensive than other forms of care. Certainly the costs of homecare are always less expensive than hospitalization. Homecare is also significantly less than monthly fees of a nursing home. Costs associated with homecare are somewhat controllable — that is, you buy what you need. If a senior needs four hours of daily help, they receive 28 hours over a weekly period. There are no hidden fees or extra expenses for additional services.
Technology will make homecare even more desirable in the future. The growing emphasis in the medical community is to proactively assist people from the necessity of hospitalization. To accomplish this, there is a focus on maintaining a healthy lifestyle through educational initiatives aimed at diagnosing, monitoring and treating illnesses at a distance. Medical and technological advances will soon make more and more of this possible and financially practical. In addition, an increasing number of medical practices are establishing “home visitation” for elderly.
The objective for many businesses is to help make homecare even more of a preferred option.
- Type 2 Diabetes - September 23, 2022
- Elders Prefer Home - September 19, 2022
- Elderly Assistance at Home - September 16, 2022
- Sleep Problems: Elderly, Family, and Caregiver - September 6, 2022
- Sleep Disturbances: Causes and Tips - August 29, 2022
- Sleep Helps Brain Health - August 22, 2022
- Memory Loss Can Be Normal Aging - August 9, 2022
- How to Improve Your Memory - August 2, 2022
- Retirement, Elderly Aging, and Health - July 25, 2022
- Trends in Aging - July 19, 2022
John D. Miller is the founder/owner of Home Care Partners, LLC, a Massachusetts business providing private duty, personalized in-home assistance and companion care services to those needing help in daily activities and household functions.
Phone: (781) 378-2164